Useful Documents in preparing to write about reading:
During reading to prepare you to write:
- Say, Mean, Matter chart
- What’s the Big Idea? notes document
- Story Protocol Note taking document for a second reading of a story
- Using symbols to identify ideas and thoughts while reading
- Questions and Predictions
- Character chart
Structures to help you while writing:
- Sentence starters to help you write and frame your questions
- Writing about a story using an angle.
- Summary paragraph structure guide.
- Theme paragraph structure guide
- Setting paragraph structure guide
- Author craft paragraph structure guide
- How to Use Quotes in an Essay
- Indenting Long Quotations
- Use transitions.
- Rubric for responses to reading
Writing Your Reading Response
Various Ways to Respond to Literature
One question, one comment